So the pitocin wasnt working for me yet, cervix of steel was too set in its way. All it was doing was making my contractions come too frequent, not making them all that much stronger.
SOOO...at about 1230 they turned off the pit and 1am I got off the monitors and IV and was able to walk around and EAT! :-) though I dont feel like eating much I am feeling rather constipated (thinking it may have something to do with my crazy dream about pooping the baby out ;-) LOL).
The nurse said to let her know when I am ready to go back on the monitors and get the new med inserted up near cervix. I am going to ask for more tylenol and try to sleep. Both naps I have gotten have been after 2 extra strength tylenol. So I am hoping it will help once more.
I sent James home around midnight so he could at least be refreshed for whatever tomorrow brings. And so he can be more functional when we bring the little guy home. My only fear is him not waking up and missing out on his delivery some how. My sister is going to sleep in the recliner in the room (James is a bigger guy so it definitely wasnt comfortable to him, though he could have fooled me by the sleep he got...)
Note to Matthew: cooperate and get more engaged in this delivery, this -1 position isnt helping anything.
Note to cervix: please work with the meds this time.
Note to self: it is okay to get an epidural if you feel you need one and get too tired.

I will keep praying! Keep updating when you can. Walk around as much as you can that should help him move down :)
ReplyDeleteI'm praying things get easier for you Jess!!! Hang in there, soon it will ALL be worth it!
ReplyDeleteAre they keeping track of your amniotic fluid level? Sounds like little Matthew doesn't want to greet the world yet. I hope today goes better!
ReplyDelete*hugs*