Baby's 1st Cold
one and a half weeks ago little man started sneezing, but I thought hey no fever, no extra boogies...we are good!
Wrong. Saturday night I worked and he cried for six hours for my poor husband. Now part of this is due to him being kind of colicy, he loves momma because she is part of his night time routine. I will admit I am still sleeping in the livingroom recliner with him. But I just sleep too darn hard in bed and I get grumpy and impatient when I have to get up every 2.5 hours or so (this is all he will sleep by himself, when he sleeps on me I can get 4 hour stretches). Sleeping in the recliner helps me to feel safer with him sleeping on me, and it allows me to not sleep so deeply that I am cranky when I wake up. Plus lets be honest, at times I am able to put him on my breast if he is wanting to eat and close my eyes.
Anyways, So James felt terrible. He was so upset not only with Matthew for crying and crying and not being able to soothe him, but at me for sleeping with him (he sleeps WAY too hard to do such a thing), and at himself. He felt incompetent as a Dad I think. I tried explaining to him he is colic-y. And that it would get easier.
Then Sunday I had issues consoling him, and he began to have congestion and cough. So Monday I brought him in, doctor said plain old cold. No fever, just upper respiratory loveliness. So I called in, I just couldn't leave my sick baby!! Thursday night we went back in due to Matthew sounding weezy at times, and got a nebulizer and albuterol. Now with feeling his cold was more under control, and not wanting to call in on a weekend, I went to work Friday night.
I left with Matthew and James both snoozing. By staying on top of the tylenol and baby vics Daddy and Matthew had a MUCH better night! He felt SO proud of himself!
Then Saturday happened.
He cried for three hours this time, granted James was getting sick as well (I was sick too at this point, too many kisses stolen from our sick little boy!). James called me and told me to either come home or get someone competent to come over and help him. So I tried my Mom, his step-mom, my sister, and finally my best friend Jenny. Jenny & her husband Matt came over and rescued James, even if by the time they got there James had gotten him to stop crying. So they took turns. James fed him, and Jenny got him to sleep.
James asked me if I really needed to work. Oiy. I would LOVE to stay at home, but working 4 nights ever 2 weeks isn't much AT ALL. But if it keeps it up I am going to ask to work second shift, or find a way to stay home financially. James is pushing for me to stay home.
Oh and did I tell you little man is drooling so much I asked the doctor about it, and he says he is beginning to teeth. This began at 8 weeks. Holy toots!
Colicy Baby
Matthew still struggles with gas but between Kroger's gas drops and Mother's Bliss gripe water...it has made the world of a difference. He will now sleep SO much easier without being held! Praise the LORD!!
Infertility Colors Thoughts...
I have wanted my kids the ideal spaced 2 years apart. BUT I keep thinking what if we wait and then it is two more years before we get pregnant and stay pregnant again. So then my thoughts go to just starting to ttc or NTNP right now (my meaning? to keep track of cycle, but we don't use condoms). Then I think, but what if it happens right now? Having babies 11 months apart? That would be an exciting and exhausting journey. Honestly, I am up for whatever God decides to hand us. And James was all for ttc right away, until he has had to stay awake at night with Matthew when he is having a big colic episode. So we shall see, it is hard to have intimate time right now anyways! But I have had a dream about March being the Month we find out we are pregnant again...
So I need to catch a cat nap. zzzzzzzzzsorry to cut it short!
Often things strike my heart and want to come bursting forth. They come spilling out onto the page, or computer screen. With ink filling pages or my fingers flying across the keyboard, my mind going a million miles a minute, and my heart crying out to be heard. Here is where you’ll find those things, my little notes on life.
Little Bit About Me
- Jess
- First and foremost, I am a Christian woman: I love Jesus! In this blog you will find stories of trying to conceive with PCOS, MTHFR, Poor egg quality, a unicornuate uteterus, and too many babies in heaven. It is a good thing God is the ultimate healer! Here you will find praise! and you may also find venting (I'm not perfect...) and you will find other stories of my crazy life. All the while through this journey I am holding on to scripture & hoping to one day be a mother here on Earth (waiting on God & His perfect timing...why am I so impatient?) But in the meantime, here you will find me: Jessica, loving wife, hopeful heart of a mother, and faithful friend.
CAUTION
All writing in this blog is unedited and 100% from what I am feeling at the time. By continuing to read it means that you will take my vents with a grain of salt. You will choose to not take offense. And most of all, if you know me in real life you will either choose to stop reading or keep the knowledge of this blog quiet, and privately allow me to know you are reading. I only share this information with close friends. I do not share this with facebook for a purpose: it is meant to be semi-private. Not "public" knowledge in the sense of the majority of those in real life knowing about it. If you can accept all that has been stated, sit back, grab a box of tissues, and be prepared to endure the rocky road of trying to conceive while trying to get out of the shadows of infertility.
If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com
♥
If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com
♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers, and look forward to your comments. So go ahead...leave me some love!