It seems ironic that later today I will be getting my 31 week growth ultrasound, and giving you a glimpse into the maternity photos we took yesterday. When my heart is still heavy for all of us that have lost a pregnancy, an infant, or possibly even the dream of having a child. I think of my Abby, Sammy, and other little ones (which we sadly haven't given a name to...) in God's arms today. And truly hope that they have brought comfort and joy to women that were unable to have babies of their own on earth. While they cannot be here with me, I do know that they are in the place that I so yearn to be one day. And cannot wait to see the little beings that God created from James and myself.
So today, while I am celebrating the life of Matthew growing inside of me, while looking at my round belly, my heart will also be grieving the losses of too many little ones to parents here on earth. My thoughts will bounce between the images of maternity picture, ultrasounds, and the desperate time we faced with infertility and loss...month after month after month. We never did anything to officially remember them, so tonight to follow with the wave of light for October 15th I will be lighting candles at 7pm in memory of them.
All five of them. We have six children, five in heaven, and one growing in my womb. One thing is for sure, Matthew will know that once he is in heaven he has so many siblings to meet that it is going to be a huge party! I love all of my babies, even the ones that I was never given the opportunity to see a little speck on ultrasound, or hear a beating heart.
On that note, I will leave you with a sneak peak of our maternity photos...
![]() |
| One of my favorites. |
![]() |
| Another favorite!! |
![]() |
| Rain stopped us from getting more photos, so I promise I will get a better one of us in our shirts! |








Today is definitely a bitter sweet day. I really loved your pictures, they turned out beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Toni! I never got a chance to email you so I could be part of your private blog either. :-( Do I email you from the email listed on your blog profile to get the invite?
DeleteI love the pictures, I hope you had a great time doing them. I am so incredibly happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Crystal! We had a good time. It was amazing God's timing in allowing us some sunshine on a cloudy/rainy day. Then as soon as we were pretty much finished...it down poured! like 10 feet to the car and we were SOAKED!
Delete