Little Bit About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a Christian woman: I love Jesus! In this blog you will find stories of trying to conceive with PCOS, MTHFR, Poor egg quality, a unicornuate uteterus, and too many babies in heaven. It is a good thing God is the ultimate healer! Here you will find praise! and you may also find venting (I'm not perfect...) and you will find other stories of my crazy life. All the while through this journey I am holding on to scripture & hoping to one day be a mother here on Earth (waiting on God & His perfect timing...why am I so impatient?) But in the meantime, here you will find me: Jessica, loving wife, hopeful heart of a mother, and faithful friend.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CAUTION

All writing in this blog is unedited and 100% from what I am feeling at the time. By continuing to read it means that you will take my vents with a grain of salt. You will choose to not take offense. And most of all, if you know me in real life you will either choose to stop reading or keep the knowledge of this blog quiet, and privately allow me to know you are reading. I only share this information with close friends. I do not share this with facebook for a purpose: it is meant to be semi-private. Not "public" knowledge in the sense of the majority of those in real life knowing about it. If you can accept all that has been stated, sit back, grab a box of tissues, and be prepared to endure the rocky road of trying to conceive while trying to get out of the shadows of infertility.

If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com




Sunday, August 24, 2014

I Survived.

The baby shower. In case you are curious. I did have to choke back tears but I positioned myself accordingly so I am 99.9% positive no one noticed. Can give myself a pat on the back for that one.

It just brought me back to how blessed we were when I was pregnant with Matthew. The outpouring of love from our friends and family. The yearning for another (especially now that Matthew loves babies and says "Baby! Baby!" So excitedly when he sees one). And the inward wonder and questioning of if and when it will happen for us again.

It also reminded me of broken friendships due to my parenting choices. From not wanting to nurse covered. And I am sure co-sleeping is on that list as well. Add to it the judgment I feel at times for not getting out more without Matthew.

And how defensive I start to feel because people simply aren't in knocking on our door to watch Matthew or asking us if we need an evening out to ourselves. When we ask my in-laws it seems it is a burden. When we ask James' aunt or uncle they are willing but want to tote him places (and they smoke so we like to avoid if possible). My mom already watches him so much I hate asking her to watch him more... And we cannot spend the money all the time, so adding to it a babysitter on top of a date doesn't mesh well with us. It just pains me.

Because also people don't understand that this may be our only time I get to experience any of this. Fertility is taken for granted. And here I am feeling selfish for wanting to do my best to cherish and cling to these moments.

People seem to forget that just as you and I are different so are babies. Some babies need space, some parents cannot sleep comfortably with their child nearby, some babies want to be swaddled. And some snuggled. Some women give up sleep to ensure they have a good breastfeeding relationship others are okay with popping a bottle in their mouth and calling it good for sleep's sake. Some babies startle easy and some will sleep through an earthquake. Some babies are needy for emotional love and connection and crying it out may teach them insecurities that people aren't going to be there for them when they need them. Maybe me sleeping with Matthew is ok because he needs me. It isn't a bad thing. Parents are different and so are babies. Do what feels right for you without judging other moms harshly. Half of parenting is doing what you can to survive and keep your kids safe while doing so, especially in these younger years.

Matthew won't be nursing or sleeping with me when he goes to high school. I do not know of one teenagers that wants to sleep with their mom. Let alone breastfeed. We will get there. In our time. Not the time line you believe we should have.

One last soapbox since I am already up here and the words seem to be flowing out of my finger tips. Breastfeeding isn't sexual. Nothing about it is sexual. We have a hard time in society with breasts, especially female nipples because they are oversexualized. I struggled with it in the beginning thinking I was going to show someone part of my breast and turn them on in some way. Then I came to the decision that anything could turn a person on....from ankles to the cleavage that seems to be okay to show. Just because breasts are used in a sexual context a majority of the time doesn't mean that this is the PURPOSE of why they were created. They were created to sustain life. As our ancestors. You are here because they chose to breastfeed. It was the norm. And guess what probably wasn't back then? Half naked women and porn. And with that in mind I have decided if a man or women gets turned on sexually over a baby breastfeeding or an accidental nipple show (hello turn away if you don't want to see it!) Then they have deeper issues. And women concerned about their husband or boyfriend seeing breastfeeding occurring...they have deeper issues with trusting the opposite sex and body image in general. Off my soapbox and onto dreamland hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers, and look forward to your comments. So go ahead...leave me some love!