Ok now that I have been on lovenox several times I have learned a few things....
1) it stings less iif you allow the alcohol to dry on your skin a bit instead of going right for it.
2) when doing injection lay down and bring your knees up like you are doing a crunch. This relaxes your abdominal muscles. And you bruise less!
3) sometimes going slow with the injection I think makes me bruise less as well. If I am in a hurry and dont go directly into my fat, forget to make sure air bubble is up (this has happened once or twice in past), or quickly jab myself inject quickly and pull out just as fast....plan on seeing a bruised belly.
4) when beginning, sometimes ice does hellp to enable yourself to do the injection...it numbs your skin jjust enough.
5) set a reminder on your phone if you are like me and suck at remembering when to take medicine that has to be at a specific time.
Those are my tips and tricks :-) my belly from a distance you cannot tell I am doing injections. Up close you may notice a few teeny tiny bruises and one that is bigger, but fading (it was one of my quick stab 'em in ones). Honestly I have been impressed with the difference moving my legs up instead of flat has helped. And proud of myself for the lack of bruising!
Last night was a crazy night at work and I am so ready to shower and sleep. It was a full moon, and let me telll you....the residents got the memo. Those that were grumpy usually, were nice. Those that just laid in bed and slept....they were awake and shouting out. There was lots of poop, and hence nausea on my part. There was a lady that had us worried at 300 and then normal at 400...she was in such a deep sleep I think that she didnt want to move or talk....it had me worried about stroke!
Yesterday night, a lady had a bloody nose start at 1030. It was dripping with blood. They called the dr bc it was her 4th one that day, and it took him FOREVER to call back. Several times she would start couping, and cough/throw up gobs of clots. It was DISGUSTING. I literally gagged, and if you know me...I have a pretty strong somach. By then it was 1200 when called ambulance came.
Diagnosis: GI bleed that showed through bloody nose. Very strange.
Ok sleep is calling me (Go to bed, close your eyes you sleepy head)....zzzzz

good luck tomorrow Jess!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!!!
ReplyDelete