I have found a new best friend for when I start to feel blah (besides tums): gas-x. No joke. If I feel like puking, I pop 1 and it is amazing how much better I start to feel. I will be honest, I am a gassy lady in general, and pregnancy only compounds it!
The weather this week is ridiculously hot AND humid. You sit and sweat. Do nothing, you sweat. No joke. Here in michigan it is in the 90s!! I am not complaining too much, I love the sunlight, the breeze, ability to wear dresses without freezing, flip flops on my feet, and hear all the birds chirping outside. It would just be nice to be able to sleep during the day (stupid third shift).
Air conditioning would be nice, I was praying for a way for God to help us get it sometime soon because of how hot it has been. Well brother in law got a hold of my hubby and said they are buying us one because of the heat. I am AMAZED!! And OH SO THANKFUL. Tomorrow we will get it, and I am just feeling so blessed, to have a good days sleep and not wake up sweating is going to be amazing.
In other aspects, James and I went to see People Like Us, it was a really good movie. I cried, but that could have been made worse due to hormones. We had a bonfire, it was a good time.
Not sure I have posted on it, but I had been having pain in my groin. James had me worried about a hernia...it was that bad for the first day. The next day I experienced my first ever charlie horse in my left calf. 3 days later it still was hurting some. I had emailed my doctors office to see what the groin pain was, and they said either nerve pain/irritation or it could be a charlie horse that comes and goes. No joke, in my GROIN. At 15 weeks!! LOL
I am happy to be experiencing this, even if I am falling apart! ;-) I can feel my uterus now, creeping up slowly but surely. And I can officially say I have popped. I even got asked by a resident at work if I was pregnant!! That made my day! Everyone is starting to baby me a bit, which is nice some days, but oh so irritating others.
Here are a few photos:
One cute story before I go, my nephew (he is almost 4) is so stinking adorable. His mom told him I was pregnant (he forgets every time I think)...he says with hands out, "What?! What's it's name?!" so we explain we don't know if baby is a boy or girl so it doesn't have a name yet. His mom goes on to tell him, "Talk to the baby, so it'll know your voice when it is born. I can hear you inside her belly." He looks at her, then looks at me, then crouches head very very close to my belly and yells, "HI BABY, MY NAME IS GAUGE!!!" It was the cutest thing ever. It makes me think and wonder if we will be able to experience another pregnancy with a preschooler in our own home. Maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself in that wondering, but I do at times. I think about my kids, my kid's kid's, what their lives will be like, what their marriages will be like. All the wondering and dreaming brings tears to my eyes, happy tears. Because I was honestly beginning to think I wouldn't ever make it to this point.
♥ Jess



You look great Jess! I am so excited to see your belly growing!!! & to share your journey into motherhood with you!
ReplyDeleteAwe made me tear up :) I too think about those things. I was talking about when our baby gets married and has their own children and my hubby was laughing at me "like lets not get ahead of ourselves" lol. I also think about our next pregnancy but keep reminding myself that it may not be in God's plan for us. I cant wait until I pop :) for now I mostly just look bloated lol
ReplyDelete