So today was my 5k in Lansing today. I might have allowed my heart rate to get much higher than I had wanted or anticipated but it seems like it got higher much quicker today! Must be from choosing to nap instead of exercise lately.
I was a bad blogger and didnt take any pictures. Sorry =(. But I can tell you my unofficial finish time.... 40:30ish. I cut 2ish minutes off last time's time =)
After the race I went to church with my hubby. Being the peeing machine I am lately I had to leave service to sneak out and go to the rest room. I saw our old pastor and his new wife, who we turned onto MyFitnessPal.
She began by telling me how much the LOVED it and she has lost 6lbs and he is already down a belt hole. (Mind you holding it bc I have to pee SO bad!) I say I am happy they love it, more talk about MFP and then she switches gears about the time her husband comes over. She compliments me on losing weight. Both keep saying they can see it in my FACE. Asking if I have lost more weight. I say, "Oh I havent stepped on the scale. But I dont think I have lost more weight, it must be inches." Trying to foo-foo it all off. G (the hubby) jokes about how I am "one hot mama" when all of a sudden his wife says to my laughter, "No really. You are glowing!" She of course means from losing weight. But it caught me off guard and I said, "Actually, you can tell no one. I will be six weeks tomorrow." Slipped out just like that. And it was SO exciting to be able to tell someone face to face.
They immediately laid hands on me and prayed. And talked to me about making sure to believe and claim a healthy pregnancy (they could tell by statements like, "we'll see the furtherest I have made is 6w3d so this week is going to be a long one." that I was in a maybe it is going to work this time mind set). It was wonderful to know we will have another couple praying for us and this pregnancy EVERY day.
After FINALLY going to the rest room, I sat back down by James and he was like, "what took so long?" "I might have just told G and his wife...." "It's ok I told K (worship leader) last week via text"
Oh boy. Lets hope the cat doesnt slip out of the bag before we want it to! I already worry about friends telling their parents and having it get back to our parents some how.
Because I really cannot wait to tell them. The official way we have agreed to spill this beans is by a happy Mother's day card...possibly addressed to Grandma....with an u/s picture on the inside. If the anticipation gets to great we may tell them that Saturday instead of Sunday.
I want to include James's dad in it too so he may get a picture frame with the u/s picture in it with EDD. Or one of Jack holding a sign that says Big Brother (in Training). Or a cute one Amy had on her pinterest....Photo of Jack, our legs down, and empty pair (or pairs!) of shoes between us, that says "Coming December 2012" beneath it (possibly in chalk if I can make it legible in photo form). And maybe an u/s picture made smaller in the corner as well.
Symptoms as of lately: last night I gagged after eatting pizza...like leaned over and spit to prevent throwing up. Today nausea is definitely back (I waited too long to eat). Spicy-ish food gives me heartburn (even pepperjack cheese...but it is SO good). Instant irritability/bitchiness. Can you say "hello" to my unwanted friend, Constipation. Ugh! Sore bbs when at 5k, extreme fatigue and heightened sense of smell.
That is about it (and enough for me to think everything is going as hoped!). I am planning one (or two) more beta this week Thursday (other would be next week). If we have passed over 4,000 (which we definitely should be over atleast 6,000 by then) then we will have levels higher than ever before.
Well I have got to go pick M up from the farm he was working at. Then shower time for me and mucho studying.

I think it's fantastic that you ran again :) My heart rate always rose in pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteYay for glowing :) The more people praying for you and the baby(s) the better.
Will you ask for an earlier ultrasound?