Little Bit About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a Christian woman: I love Jesus! In this blog you will find stories of trying to conceive with PCOS, MTHFR, Poor egg quality, a unicornuate uteterus, and too many babies in heaven. It is a good thing God is the ultimate healer! Here you will find praise! and you may also find venting (I'm not perfect...) and you will find other stories of my crazy life. All the while through this journey I am holding on to scripture & hoping to one day be a mother here on Earth (waiting on God & His perfect timing...why am I so impatient?) But in the meantime, here you will find me: Jessica, loving wife, hopeful heart of a mother, and faithful friend.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CAUTION

All writing in this blog is unedited and 100% from what I am feeling at the time. By continuing to read it means that you will take my vents with a grain of salt. You will choose to not take offense. And most of all, if you know me in real life you will either choose to stop reading or keep the knowledge of this blog quiet, and privately allow me to know you are reading. I only share this information with close friends. I do not share this with facebook for a purpose: it is meant to be semi-private. Not "public" knowledge in the sense of the majority of those in real life knowing about it. If you can accept all that has been stated, sit back, grab a box of tissues, and be prepared to endure the rocky road of trying to conceive while trying to get out of the shadows of infertility.

If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com




Monday, January 23, 2012

Stress and Maybe Good News..?

Stress.

Stress headache. Stress induced anxiety. Stress induced eating. Stress induced procrastination.

I need to add exercise to my regular routine. It helps me have so many great endorphines flowing through my veins, and is such an amazing stress relief. But I am lazy. I need not to be. Which thinking about it adds more stress lol, I am such a mess!!

Maybe Good News?

I heard from my co-worker the person with the pool position (pick your own schedule) put in her two weeks. And she is the one that has been waiting for pool, but took the weekend only position because it wasn't looking like it was going to happen. IF she gets asked to take pool, she is going to, and then guess who will get the weekends only position? That's right: ME!!

It comes with pros and cons.
Pros - not stressing about school and having to switch days around at work so much because I will be home Sunday-Thursday. Being able to be home with M to make dinner nightly (and make sure he is truly home and not trying to go out and cause trouble...). Being able to see James when he gets home from work NIGHTLY!!

Cons - less time with James on the weekends. Crazy summers with cranky me due to missing out on things. Less hours at work scheduled...which is a pro and con. Pro for school, Con for finances.

I was looking at taxes, and it looks like we made more money than last year...which means less money back. BOO. I was hoping to be able to pay off loans and purchase things on our "we need but could wait" list and maybe a couple off the "I really want it but don't need it" list (including an IUI cycle...).

I got my hopes up on the first time home buyers tax credit, only to realize it was only extended through 2011 if you are in the military or a government worker. Seriously? So because we aren't in the military and don't work for any "military intelligence" agency we don't qualify. So STUPID, I wouldn't be upset if it was just military but to include those working in an agency is ridiculous. I worked taking care of the elderly, and James helped feed the chickens which provide eggs over a huge area of the US. We matter too! lol So there goes the hope of maybe getting the 8,000 back for that.

Do you know what a financial relief that would have been? Oh well, wish and want in one hand and...well you know the rest (if you don't I can fill you in haha). I should be thankful for what I have: the opportunity to go to school, having a job, my husband having a job with insurance, a warm house, a puppy dog that loves us, the opportunity to help M, and availability to good medical care (even if cost to help get pregnant is ridiculous!).

Which does lead me to another area...did you realize that you can claim costs to get pregnant (IUI, IVF, all medications) and pregnancy tests on your taxes in same area you add up your cost of prescriptions and medical bills and such. It just has to equal 7.5% or more of your AGI (adjusted gross income). Which sadly for us is like 4,000 this year. And I think we are going to be right around a thousand short. Which means we won't be able to itemize again this year after all.

Things going on this week:
Tuesday - exam 1 for RN program. I can only miss 5 questions else I fail. (eeeek)
Thursday - Court for finalized termination of N's Custody (same time as school...)
Friday - Follow up for all of my crazy test results
Saturday - Game night for my sister's birthday.

And then...
Sunday - Sister's B-day lunch and then James' family Christmas both at our house.

And I have to tell you something else in this huge book of a blog post....
Church has been helping me feel more thankful for our infertility and loss thus far. If we had a baby at this point we probably wouldn't have been able to help M. Especially due to day care costs and school, and Michigan's new law that you have to WORK 20 hours a week to get assistance. Even when your school tells you to work 10-15 hours at maximum to do best in your program. All because of those who abuse the system. :-(

Oh and M has been having chest pains but got dropped from insurance and we have to try to get him added to our insurance (which means we have to get custody/guardianship switched over =$150 that we don't really have at this point and time) OR get him to apply for state aid as an individual. Which should get him food stamps and insurance. Which would be pretty nice for the help. But he seems to think it would mean he could get snack food, soda, and expensive meat and sea food. :-( Which he could, because it would be in his name. But tell me how that would help with him eating meals with us (he does eat quite a bit...he is a growing teenage boy! Parents aren't kidding when they talk about how much teenage boys eat!)

Ok I am done, for real this time. Tylenol. Homework. Dinner. Nap. Studying. Cleaning....Life! *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your test tomorrow. Let us know how you do on it, but I'm sure you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the finances, tests, and your results! Lots going on! Keep hanging in there hun. I'm thinking of you!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers, and look forward to your comments. So go ahead...leave me some love!