Lord, I just want to say, THANK YOU for the sunshine. For the birds that are singing, for our house, my husband. Our pets, and most of all for you undying love for me. Thank you for giving up your Son to die for my sins, and thank you for forgetting them, even when I continually mess up. God, you are welcome in this place. Wrap your presence in every room, every nook & cranny. Find the smallest spots and still be there. In the wide open space outside, in the dandelions in our yard, the rose bushes that I’m not so sure are still alive. You are welcome in this place God, any time, any day. When I feel sad and alone, when I feel a spring in my step. When I am having a tough day, or running through fields of laughter.
James and I need you. We need your love, your unceasing determination, your healing touch. We need YOU. And we thank you for all that was, and is, and is to come. Thank you for writing our love story, for bringing us together, and for the broken past paths that brought us together. Thank you God, you are my King, my Lord, my Salvation, my Healer, my Father. My FATHER. Do you know how good that feels to say? You’re my Dad. And you never mess up. You know what is best for me, and you never let me down. Even when I think that the situation is dire, you are there reminding me of your promises and your truth.
Thank you for Your Word. For the stories that you prompted the people to write down. For keeping the Bible safe so we can have it in today’s sinful world. Thank you for not acting out with utter anger like you did in the old times, because I know if you were there would be more than earthquakes, tornadoes, and tsunamis. These are “natural disasters” no floods that cover the whole world, no turning cities into ash, you know what I mean Lord. Thank you for your Mercy! And your Grace!
Thank you for the Holy spirit, for our consciences. Thank you for giving us the ability to pray to make the right decision, and for the small (and sometimes BIG) voice that answers. Thank you for giving me words to speak, help me when I do not know what to say, or want not to say what I know I should. You are a Big God. My Big God, a God that can tell the mountains to tremble, or the rocks to cry out. A God that gives and takes away. A God that provides and guides. Not any normal God, a God that sent his Son to die on a cross for my freedom from sin. From DEATH. You saved me God. You have saved me, and you will keep on saving me. Thank you. And for all of this I want to say, You are Welcome in This Place. In my heart, in my head, in our house, in my car, in our animals, in our yard, to space and beyond, You are Welcome! Love You! And thank you!
♥ Jess
Written May 9, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

beautifully written.
ReplyDelete