Little Bit About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a Christian woman: I love Jesus! In this blog you will find stories of trying to conceive with PCOS, MTHFR, Poor egg quality, a unicornuate uteterus, and too many babies in heaven. It is a good thing God is the ultimate healer! Here you will find praise! and you may also find venting (I'm not perfect...) and you will find other stories of my crazy life. All the while through this journey I am holding on to scripture & hoping to one day be a mother here on Earth (waiting on God & His perfect timing...why am I so impatient?) But in the meantime, here you will find me: Jessica, loving wife, hopeful heart of a mother, and faithful friend.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CAUTION

All writing in this blog is unedited and 100% from what I am feeling at the time. By continuing to read it means that you will take my vents with a grain of salt. You will choose to not take offense. And most of all, if you know me in real life you will either choose to stop reading or keep the knowledge of this blog quiet, and privately allow me to know you are reading. I only share this information with close friends. I do not share this with facebook for a purpose: it is meant to be semi-private. Not "public" knowledge in the sense of the majority of those in real life knowing about it. If you can accept all that has been stated, sit back, grab a box of tissues, and be prepared to endure the rocky road of trying to conceive while trying to get out of the shadows of infertility.

If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com




Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Doom and Gloom NO More

Well after freaking out all morning about the dreaded financial aid fiasco I decide to check it again (after checking countless times this morning) and lo and behold...my financial aid is in place again.

No phone call. No explanation. Magically it is there. And a weight is lifted off my shoulders (a HUGE weight mind you!). I had been thinking about what it would be like waiting ANOTHER year to start the program. (Update: just got a phone call when finishing this post. There was a glitch in the system when they upgraded it. I was one of a handful of people that got booted off the site and had to be re-added.)

THEN I hear a honk from outside. It is a vehicle I do not recognize. Upon getting closer I realize it is the mail lady. And then start leaping with joy inside as I remember my friend Crystal was sending me something in the mail today.

I quickly grab the mail from our mail lady (whom I now can say have officially met, and she seems pretty nice). And run inside to open my package. And this is what I find...




The monkey laughs when you squeeze it's toes. It is called tickle toes haha. I love it. When I opened it I started smiling and laughed quite a bit when I heard the giggling monkey. 

Then I opened the card. And the water works started. Tears of joy and thanksgiving, tears of feeling blessed for having a friend that would send me such a gift and kind words.

The front of the card reads, 

"Thinking of you at thanksgiving. 
There are people who touch our lives in ways that they themselves don't even know."

And the inside?

"You're one of these special people."

With a special note.
The note made me cry.

Why?
The monkey has been prayed over by her, her sister, and her mom to help us conceive. 

I texted Crystal, thanking her. And let her know, I now officially have my future child's first stuffed animal. When I am feeling down about waiting I can remember those who are praying for me simply by looking at the monkey. And if I am super sad, I can squeeze the toes to hear laughter to brighten my heart.

I am blessed.

On another note. Of other happenings in my life....

Don't mind the messy hair, my nephew decided to play with it and frizzify any potential curls popping up.
Also notice the swoopy bangs. Went long so I could decide later if I want them to go shorter.

My new hair cut about an inch or two taken off and added layers

This is what we installed last weekend and is heating our house.
And don't mind that it is sideways
(have I mentioned how much I hate that you can't turn them on here...)
These are the pellets that got passed down through the window.
Not looking forward to doing this once a month in the winter.
 Well that is it for today, I am off to spend minimal amount as possible on groceries to last us til Wednesday. We are on a VERY tight budget this week. Looking forward to next weeks pay check with holiday pay.

♥ Have a blessed Day! ♥
Jess

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THE HAIR. Wish I had curly hair.

    Goodness I am an emotional girl today, I started tearing up again when I was reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about the good news. God is really with you. I think things are starting to get better for you. Good luck my friend. Hugs and prayers for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new 'do!! And how sweet of your friend! I'm happy that things are looking up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, the new cut is definitely nice! it is so much lighter and wonderful :-)

    Crystal - I am an emotional girl lately too...darn progesterone!

    Lady Bug - Thanks a bunch. ♥

    Lisa - back at ya friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers, and look forward to your comments. So go ahead...leave me some love!