Little Bit About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a Christian woman: I love Jesus! In this blog you will find stories of trying to conceive with PCOS, MTHFR, Poor egg quality, a unicornuate uteterus, and too many babies in heaven. It is a good thing God is the ultimate healer! Here you will find praise! and you may also find venting (I'm not perfect...) and you will find other stories of my crazy life. All the while through this journey I am holding on to scripture & hoping to one day be a mother here on Earth (waiting on God & His perfect timing...why am I so impatient?) But in the meantime, here you will find me: Jessica, loving wife, hopeful heart of a mother, and faithful friend.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CAUTION

All writing in this blog is unedited and 100% from what I am feeling at the time. By continuing to read it means that you will take my vents with a grain of salt. You will choose to not take offense. And most of all, if you know me in real life you will either choose to stop reading or keep the knowledge of this blog quiet, and privately allow me to know you are reading. I only share this information with close friends. I do not share this with facebook for a purpose: it is meant to be semi-private. Not "public" knowledge in the sense of the majority of those in real life knowing about it. If you can accept all that has been stated, sit back, grab a box of tissues, and be prepared to endure the rocky road of trying to conceive while trying to get out of the shadows of infertility.

If you have any private questions or concerns you may contact me at mynotesonttc at gmail.com




Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am a Masterpiece. Wait, I am?

At church we watched 2 videos, I will try to find the first. In the meantime, this is the setting. A woman has a chair and is trying to give it to God, signifying giving control. Kind of like the "driver's seat". They go through, back in forth of her trying to take the chair back, and then giving it back to him. It was good.

But the one that got me the most is this video. Watch it! It made me cry, I will explain why in a second.



God made me who I am. Sometimes this line can be a cop out. An excuse for our bad traits that God would want us to work on...think lack of mercy, you're "spunky" so swearing is okay, not using your filter because you are "outspoken", your family has been overweight, so why not continue on that path...it is "who I am". I know the excuses, because I use them too.

I do not think of myself as a masterpiece. And then this video reminds me, I am created in God's image. He created me. Infertility and all. Infertility. I am a masterpiece. He allows for it to impact me, for reasons I may never know. He may want to work through other things in my life via it..."chisel" other issues away. He may be using it to help me reach others. But in this moment, I have to remember I am a masterpiece. One that is forever in an ongoing process.

If we are not moving towards God we are moving away. This is where I was going for the last few months, away from God. But like the prodigal son I am ready to run back into my fathers arms. Even if it means more pain. But I seriously pray that soon I will experience joy and abundant blessings.

Scripture that I have been leaning on lately...

Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

I am working on delighting in the Lord more, and waiting for him to give me the desires of my heart. Or to change the desires so they fit into His plan for me.

Psalm 27:14 "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."


Wait. Patiently. Patiently wait. Wait patiently and be brave. Be brave and courageous as you wait patiently for the Lord.  Oh boy. I haven't been good at this lately. Can a woman wait patiently for 15 months? While waiting in a baby filled world, when a baby won't grow in her belly? I will be working on being more patient. I think God has definitely given me a huge lesson in.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart!"


Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path."


Not only did God know me before I was born. He knows my future children and my babies in heaven. So, all I can do is wait patiently and lean not on my own understanding. And remember to follow this last scripture...one that I have faltered on in the past.

Hebrews 10:35-36 "So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."


God, I know your ways are not my ways, and your thoughts are not my thoughts. But this is my way in trusting you. This is my way of trying to follow you. I will do my best God, as long as you continue to hold me up. And forgive me when I fail.

This song kept playing in my head during the service. But mostly just the line that says, "Redeemer, my healer, Lord Almighty, my savior, defender, You are my King!



♥ Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ashley, you should have seen me a church. I cried watching the video. Definitely got to me. I hope others enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers, and look forward to your comments. So go ahead...leave me some love!